[CentOS] yum is dumb in update of gmime & gmime-sharp

ken gebser at mousecar.com
Mon Nov 29 16:33:20 UTC 2010

On 11/28/2010 05:16 PM William Hooper wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 5:12 PM, William Hooper
> <whooperhsd at gmail.com> wrote:

Where was a message telling me that?  (In my original post I included
the relevant output.)  There wasn't anything there which said the
install of gmime20 necessitated removing another, different package.

>>> yum's trying to install gmime20.  This doesn't exist on my
>>> system.
>>>
>>> What dependency would break by installing it?
>> Looking at the RPMForge spec file for gmime20, it obsoletes any
>> gmime lower that it's version. You are trying to install
>> gmime20.i386 0:2.2.26-1.el5.rf, which will remove
>> gmime-2.2.10-5.el5.centos. However, your currently installed
>> gmime-sharp-2.2.10-5.el5.centos requires gmime-2.2.10-5.el5.centos.
>> You need to either remove gmime-sharp-2.2.10-5.el5.centos or find
>> an updated version that will work with gmime20.i386
>> 0:2.2.26-1.el5.rf.
>
> I thought this seemed familiar:
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2010-March/092358.html

Yeah, maintaining this app (tomboy) has been more hassle than it's
worth.  I think I just waited for gmime* updates to come out from a
different repo and installed those.