[CentOS] Flash plugin not working

Mon Nov 8 22:04:20 UTC 2010
Przemysław Pawełczyk <pp_o2 at o2.pl>

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 22:42:33 +0100
Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net> wrote:

> $ ls -l /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/
> total 0
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 39 nov  8 22:22 libflashplayer.so ->
> /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
>
> Which leaves me clueless. Any suggestions ?

Hi,

Try to put the flash lib in ~/.mozilla/plugins the following way:

Make ~/Flash64 dir, put there libflashplayer.so from Adobe Flash rpm and
then make symlink to ~/.mozilla:

~/.mozilla/plugins/@libflashplayer.so

Why do you use flash-plugin? Use the latest lib from Adobe.

32 and 64 bit versions of latest "flashes":
http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

My flash:
Shockwave Flash 10.2 d161 (from about:plugins in web browser)

Regards