[CentOS] sata AHCI controllers (real and virtual)

Mon Oct 4 05:50:21 UTC 2010
Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik at iki.fi>

On Sun, Oct 03, 2010 at 08:53:17PM -0600, drew einhorn wrote:
> I saw something somewhere about AHCI support requiring kernel 2.6.19 or later.
> But the current CentOS/RHEL stable kernels are 2.6.18

RHEL/CentOS 2.6.18 kernel is very far from kernel.org/upstream 2.6.18.
RHEL/CentOS 2.6.18 kernel contains a LOT of bugfixes and also
feature-backports from newer kernel versions.

.. including AHCI drivers.

-- Pasi