[CentOS] Colour laser printer

Tue Oct 5 13:03:55 UTC 2010
fred smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 01:01:11PM +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Anyone got a recommendation for a cheap (but good)
> colour laser printer that runs under CentOS-5.5 ?
>
> --
> Timothy Murphy

I have no experience with color printers from Brother, but I'm extremely
happy with my monochrome Brother laser printer. When I received it,
I connected it via USB (to my then Centos 4 box) and up comes a dialog
offering to configure the printer. ran thru it and voila.

I noticed a few months ago that places such as (but not limited to)
Amazon had some Brother color laser printers for reasonable prices
(under $300 US). here are a couple of examples from today:

http://www.amazon.com/Brother-HL-3040CN-Compact-Digital-Networking/dp/B002ONCBXU/ref=sr_1_19?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1286283594&sr=1-19

and

http://www.amazon.com/Brother-HL-3070CW-Compact-Wireless-Networking/dp/B002ONCDH4/ref=sr_1_15?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1286283594&sr=1-15

as to whether or how well these work with Linux, I cannot say. Brother does,
however, have Linux support  (and drivers, should you need 'em) for many
of their devices, so you could check their web page for any specific models
of interest.

Good luck!

                    The Lord detests the way of the wicked