[CentOS] OT: linux desktop market share more than 1%

Sat Oct 9 16:57:02 UTC 2010
Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us>

On Sat, Oct 09, 2010 at 09:24:53AM +0200, Mathieu Baudier wrote:

> If you already have the computer, I would recommend you to give a try
> to RHEL 6 Beta 2 and report to Red Hat any problem you have while they
> are still polishing their release.

Ah, wonderful idea!  I'm grabbing it now, and will try to find detailed
release notes to see if it has anything about this controller.

> As per my other mail, I would not recommend CentOS 5 on a Mac laptop
> anyhow (because of the touchpad), although this is still what I mostly
> do when traveling.

I know PPC linux releases could support command-click as right click, so I
can only assume CentOS 5 could as well.  (But I wouldn't know where to
start looking for this information beyond a naive google search.)

> In any case, I recommend you to partition your disk as soon as you get
> the computer and leave says 10 / 20 GB for a Linux.

Already done--I installed Bootcamp and rEFIt almost as soon as I booted
the thing.  ;-)  At the time (about May-June or so) I tried three different
distro installers before googling and realizing that no kernel at the time
supported the MBP7,1.  (So I'm cautiously optimistic about the RHEL6
beta.)

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us