[CentOS] using a Laptop as a KVM console?

Wed Oct 13 18:55:37 UTC 2010
Marc Petitmermet <petitmermet at mat.ethz.ch>

On Oct 13, 2010, at 20:39 , Rudi Ahlers wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 8:20 PM, Dale Dellutri <daledellutri at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Your request inspired me to try a google search:
>>
>>   linux laptop as kvm console
>>
>> Apparently there is such a device (URL may wrap):
>>

>> http://us.startech.com/product/NOTECONS01-Portable-USB-PS-2-KVM-Console-Adapter-for-Notebook-PCs
>>
>> It may require a Windows XP  or Mac laptop, but at least one page says it
>> works on Linux, too.  You could try to contact StarTech, I guess.
>>
>> --
>> Dale Dellutri

> Thanx Dale, that's what I was looking for :) Now I just need to find a
> local supplier, seeing how expensive this is. I guess my google search
> terms were just a bit off.....

I use this on MacOSX and WinXP on the Laptop side (KVM console) and Linux on the server side:

http://www.epiphan.com/products/other-applications/kvm2usb/

Never tried it yet with Linux as the KVM console, though.

Regards,
Marc