[CentOS] FYI: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Release Candidate Available to Partners

Tue Oct 19 13:21:21 UTC 2010

Hi,

On 10/19/2010 02:09 PM, Jerry Franz wrote:
> That is what it does. It *licenses* distribution between people. You
> can't say "it's under GPL - but you can't redistribute it because I've

Ok, so that is the point I am trying to make here.  RHEL6 isnt released
as a product. They have an in-development code snapshot that they are
offering to a bunch of people to come look at with them for comments,
feedback, prep whathever.

Also worth keeping in mind is that the RC to partners does not prevent
one of those partners from publishing the sources if they want for code
where licensing and their agreement with Red Hat permits them to. I am
not in a position to comment on that since I have neither seen the
agreement that Red Hat have in place for these said partners, nor am I
one of them.

Red Hat, once RHEL 6 actually ships, should make the code for the distro
available on the ftp site, at which point we would need to consider the
licensing and content payload for each package on its own merit.

- KB