[CentOS] POP3 server

Mon Oct 25 02:48:25 UTC 2010
David <resoplez at gmail.com>

Hi Drew, that's my situation, some clients receive more emails than they can
get trough their bandwith in a given time.
Everytime they connect again, starts again in message number 1. Outlook
Express has a Stop button, but you know how people are ... so, I have to
"clean" the mess manually. I was looking for something that can do the job
automatically.

David

----- Original Message -----
From: "Drew" <drew.kay at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2010 11:12 PM
Subject: Re: [CentOS] POP3 server

> Anyway if gets the DELE command the message arrived safely to the client.

Not guaranteed. DELE command can be issued on an email before the
client reads the email. I've used this in the past to remove large
emails from a mailbox so the client could finish downloading the rest
of their email. Nothing chokes Outlook Express quite like an 8MB email
being pulled down over 56kbps dialup. ;-)

--
Drew

--Marie Curie