[CentOS] centos 5.5 oscar: gcc41, gcc44 and gfortran41, gfortran44

giggzounet giggzounet at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 12:06:03 UTC 2010

Le 02/09/2010 12:11, Marcelo M. Garcia a écrit :

>> ok that's the right way. Do you know where I can find documentation
>> about it ?
> Hi
>
> There is the main web site:
> http://modules.sourceforge.net/
>
> Or, maybe the best way, it's to start from the modules provided by
> OSCAR, and change to your needs.
>
> In my case, we use Bright (former ClusterVisionOS), the module files are
> at "/cm/shared/modulefiles". They are TCL scripts:
> -sh-3.2$ pwd
> /cm/shared/modulefiles/gcc
> -sh-3.2$
> -sh-3.2$
> -sh-3.2$ ls
> 4.3.4
> -sh-3.2$
> -sh-3.2$ more 4.3.4
> #%Module -*- tcl -*-
> ##
> ## modulefile
> ##
> proc ModulesHelp { } {
>
>    puts stderr "\tAdds GNU Cross Compilers to your environment variables,"
> }
>
> module-whatis "adds GNU Cross Compilers to your environment variables"
>
> set               root              /cm/shared/apps/gcc/4.3.4
> prepend-path      PATH              $root/bin
> prepend-path      LD_LIBRARY_PATH   $root/lib:$root/lib64
> -sh-3.2$
> -sh-3.2$
>
> Regards
>
> mg.

ok. thx. Yes I'm reading the documentation of "modules" and I find some
examples.

So I must have a directory (for example /opt/compiler/gcc) with the
different versions of gcc (4.1 and 4.4 in my case). Then the module tcl
script chooses one and exclude the other, does it ?

in order to have these gcc directories can I just copy the files from
the installed rpm ? or must I compile the different gcc versions by myself ?

Thx a lot!
Guillaume