[CentOS] Anyone Having Any Luck Downloaing the DVD ISO?

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 6 16:35:29 UTC 2010

On 09/05/2010 05:01 PM, Chuck informed us:

> I've been trying for 2 weeks to download the dvd iso torrent... Shows
> a ton of seeders, few leechers, but very poor performance.. (I'm
> correctly setup for torrents and get fast downloads normally) Only
> like 4% downloaded and crawling. I've tried the trackers from every
> one of the mirror sites. I can't use the net install because the
> systems I am installing are on a closed network.
>
> Anyone have any ideas where else to get this or any suggestions?
I tried the tracker from the kernel.org site just minutes ago using the
Ktorrent client.
After a couple minutes, my stats looked like:

    Leechers: 10 (125) Average Up Speed:     2.1 KB/s
    Seeders:  40 (900) Average Down Speed: 560.7 KB/s

I blew off the d/l 'cause I already have a DVD but that would work out
to a bit less that 2 hours for  the DVD image. That's pretty much wide
open for my DSL connection.

Have you tried any of the speed tests available? That should eliminate
your torrent client as a suspect.  Here are two 2 test sites. The first
requires flash; the second uses java, often has requests in queue but
gives a lot of network information.   I have both bookmarked.
http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
http://miranda.ctd.anl.gov:7123/

Good luck!