[CentOS] Traffic shaping on CentOS

Emmanuel Noobadmin centos.admin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 15:16:28 UTC 2010

On 9/10/10, Giles Coochey <giles at coochey.net> wrote:

> Note that you will only be able to control the flow of outgoing traffic to
> your system if you place the bandwidth control on the server endpoint.
> Incoming traffic needs an in-line box to so that you can access the other
> interface and control it's outgoing traffic (your servers incoming
> traffic).

I understand that problem from the reading done so far. Fortunately in
this particular situation, all I really need is the outgoing traffic
shaping since the ISP would be limiting what's incoming anyway. The
client just want to make sure certain key interactive services doesn't
get drowned out when somebody is pulling a huge document from the
server.