[CentOS] Centos Virtual Machine 32 bit with 8 GB ram ?

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Wed Sep 15 10:05:46 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> On 09/14/2010 03:01 PM, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>> Even so, most machines today performs multiple tasks, so 3GB limit per
>> process isn't really that big an issue, unless you render graphics
>> with a mono-threaded application.
>
> You are assuming, wrongly, that apps will scale interprocess as they do
> for inter instances.
>
> For eg: look at mongodb, where using it on 32bit is considered silly,
>
> - KB

Sure, there are exceptions but my assumptions were on a general scale.
So, if this is the case (which I don't think it was with the OP), then
64bit would be better. But in general, 32bit could perform as well.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com