[CentOS] Centos Virtual Machine 32 bit with 8 GB ram ?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Sep 15 10:30:21 UTC 2010

On 09/15/2010 11:05 AM, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Sure, there are exceptions but my assumptions were on a general scale.
> So, if this is the case (which I don't think it was with the OP), then
> 64bit would be better. But in general, 32bit could perform as well.

No, I dont agree - my point really was that in some corner cases, 32bit
might be just as good to have on servers as 64bit, bit on the whole - as
a general case, if the option presents itself always go 64bit. You can
always chose to run 32bit userland apps ( eg. a firefox.x86_64 does not
make much sense, neither does mutt.x86_64 )

- KB