[CentOS] Can anyone suggest a decent backup system?

Tom Yates madhatter at teaparty.net
Thu Sep 16 09:35:11 UTC 2010

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010, Kevin Thorpe wrote:

> We have a bit of a problem with backups. We've been using bacula to tape
> and now trying to disk but it's a complete nightmare as regards tape
> management.

i suspect it's quite annoying when people try to re-engineer your request,
but i use bacula for some fairly large installations (several hundred LTO2
tapes, 60-tape dual-drive stacker with barcode support, 5TB of staging
disc, that sort of thing) as well as my much-smaller home backups, and
find its tape management lovely - after i made one or two small but
important tweaks.

if you're not already so sick of bacula that the mere name makes you break
out in hives, might i ask what problems you've been having?  on- or
off-list is fine, as you prefer.

--

       Tom Yates  -  http://www.teaparty.net