[CentOS] looking for cool, post-install things to do on a centos 5.5 system

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Sep 17 09:59:09 UTC 2010

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010, Michel van Deventer wrote:

> Hi,

> Maybe a crash course in troubleshooting using the rescue CD ?
>
> I don't know exactly which subjects are covered in your course ? Can
> you be more precise ? :)

  sure.  while it's a 3rd-party courseware manual, it was obviously
written to emulate fairly closely red hat's admin course here:

https://www.redhat.com/courses/rh131_red_hat_linux_system_administration/details/

so the best way i can sum it up is that it's a perfectly decent admin
course that covers all the standard admin topics you'd expect to see.
all i was interested in was any additional packages or configuration
that people on this list have used to great effect that most people
would *not* have thought of or heard of.

  for instance, is anyone version controlling their system config
files with a utility like, say, "etckeeper"?  that sort of thing.  i
just want to pad out some of the sections with a few more items.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca