[CentOS] Howto enter a password to mount windows share in Places

Denis Denis.Becker at mnsu.edu
Fri Sep 17 21:48:07 UTC 2010

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Denis<Denis.Becker at mnsu.edu>  wrote:
>> Hi - using gnome I am trying to use Places ->  Connect to Server to mount
>> a windows share. I can do:
>>
>> smbclient //disk.site.edu/uname$ -U uname%passwd
>>
>> but have not been able to transfer that infomation into the GUI that can
>> mount the Windows Share, specifically can't figure out how to enter the
>> password.
>>
>> I'm trying make things as simple as possible for windows students to use
>> CentOS.
>
> Then this CentOS wiki is your friend:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/WindowsShares
>
> Akemi

Thanks, I looked there. But I was looking for something that would
easily disconnect and maybe do it automatically when the user was logged
out. This will be used in a small lab setting where there will be an
single login so I don't want to leave one person's account mounted for
the next person to have be able to access. I guess I am looking for
something that would function like NIS. I guess an option is to run NIS
and then a person can have the some of this customized for the user.

Denis Becker

--

Denis Becker
ITS - Engineering