[CentOS] Howto enter a password to mount windows share in Places

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 22:04:18 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Denis <Denis.Becker at mnsu.edu> wrote:
> Akemi Yagi wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Denis<Denis.Becker at mnsu.edu>  wrote:

>> http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/WindowsShares

> Thanks, I looked there. But I was looking for something that would
> easily disconnect and maybe do it automatically when the user was logged
> out. This will be used in a small lab setting where there will be an
> single login so I don't want to leave one person's account mounted for
> the next person to have be able to access. I guess I am looking for
> something that would function like NIS. I guess an option is to run NIS
> and then a person can have the some of this customized for the user.

That is exactly the same situation as mine. We are a small lab with a
single account shared by all members (mixed OS with Windows/Scientific
Linux/CentOS). On the Linux machines, Windows shares get auto-mounted
when user tries to access them and unmounted after certain inactivity.
I'm using the "3. Even-better method" on the wiki.

Akemi