[CentOS] iptables

Ausmus, Matt mausmus at chapman.edu
Mon Sep 20 17:44:33 UTC 2010

When I was first learning iptables, I found "Rusty's Remarkably
Unreliable Guides" to be an excellent resource on how iptables works.
He covers each part of iptables and does it in a clear and easy to
understand manner.  If I remember correctly, the guides are also
entertaining.

http://people.netfilter.org/~rusty/unreliable-guides/

I personally don't like any of the GUIs out there.  I find them to be
way to constricting compared to the sheer power and flexibility of
iptables.  You're better off going through the guide and googling and
then just writing your rules in a text editor.

Matt Ausmus
Network Administrator
Chapman University
635 West Palm Street
Orange, CA  92868
(714)628-2738
mausmus at chapman.edu

"Nothing is ever accomplished by a reasonable man."
            -Bucy's Law