[CentOS] CentOS, Firefox, and Java Plugin

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Fri Sep 24 14:38:46 UTC 2010

> Apparently I don't have the java plugin browser installed.  I've tried
> to install it using the rpm.bin file at
> <http://java.com/en/download/linux_manual.jsp?locale=en&host=java.com>,
> but it's erroring out: "/bin/sh: bad interpreter: Text file busy".

If you want to keep it simple, I would not try to install at the same
time the base CentOS OpenJdk RPMs and the Sun RPM.
If you don't care much about control (in the free software sense) on
your Java installation and just need the plugin, I guess you should go
for the Sun RPM after uninstalling the base OpenJdk packages.

Maybe some people on the list have other opinions / tips.