[CentOS] In the press, once again

Benjamin Franz jfranz at freerun.com
Fri Sep 24 16:54:09 UTC 2010

On 09/24/2010 08:37 AM, Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
> On 24 September 2010 14:23, Timo Schoeler<timo.schoeler at riscworks.net>  wrote:
>
>> Windows admins use a virtualized CentOS machine to copy files because
>> their own tools are not able to handle copying a bigger amount of data. :)
>>
> Although I read the article with some amusement, I have to wonder
> what's wrong with rsync (has a Windows port, albeit somewhat slow with
> Cygwin implementation). His fallback is using cp which I found utterly
> incomprehensible.

Until Cygwin's developers decide the join the rest of the window's
universe in having an *uninstaller* it will remain "not installed -
ever" on many people's systems, including mine.  It is completely
unacceptable that it is happy to install, but that you have to
*manually* rip it out piece-by-piece if you ever want to uninstall it.

--
Benjamin Franz