[CentOS] Configuring BIND to answer to two domain names (four IP addresses)

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 14:07:26 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 19:59, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> What's a control panel?

It is the web-based interface for the domain name registrar, in which
one configures the name servers for the domain name that he bought
from them.

>  Bind is going to want a zone file for each
> domain where it is the primary nameserver and an A record for each host
> in that domain.

> You may have some GUI tool to manage them.

Oh, no, I'm trying to learn the _right_ way! That's why I'm here!

> But any
> instance of bind can be primary for any number of domains.  The
> association with the IP address(es) that will receive the queries
> happens when you register the domain into the public dns system and you
> can register the same server(s) as primary for many domains.

Yes, but I'd rather have different name servers for exampleA.com and
exampleB.com. The two domain names are for competing websites, there
should be no hint that they are associated.

Dotan Cohen