[CentOS] Configuring BIND to answer to two domain names (four IP addresses)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 18:18:33 UTC 2010

On 9/24/2010 1:07 PM, Dotan Cohen wrote:

>>   But any
>> instance of bind can be primary for any number of domains.  The
>> association with the IP address(es) that will receive the queries
>> happens when you register the domain into the public dns system and you
>> can register the same server(s) as primary for many domains.
>>

> Yes, but I'd rather have different name servers for exampleA.com and
> exampleB.com. The two domain names are for competing websites, there
> should be no hint that they are associated.

Probably a waste of time.  If anyone cares, they'll track down the
domain and IP range ownership anyway (there are sites that do it
automatically).  So unless you've used company aliases in the domain
registration and gotten separate isp connections for your addresses the
connection will still show.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com