[CentOS] Configuring BIND to answer to two domain names (four IP addresses)

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 21:10:22 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 22:47, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that's reasonable - but note that from the rest of the world's
> perspective the ns1, ns2 IP's are going to come from the glue records
> from the upstream DNS that would have been added when you registered the
> servers as primary for the domain.  For anything else, the query gets
> passed on to your server.

I did see mention of the term glue records earlier while googling,
only now am I googling it...

Oh, it looks like I may need to set those too. When I configured
ns1.exampleA.com & ns2.exampleA.com in the registrar's control panel,
I did enter the 1.1.1.1 & 1.1.1.2 addresses. Should that be enough?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com