[CentOS] RAID rebuild time and disk utilization....

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 14:40:26 UTC 2010

The samsung model is not a 4K sector drive, although I did tear it down and
made the partition changes moving it to start at sector 64 vs 63 and also
tried at 2048....when all was said and done, no change in performance.  One
final step that I did make was to move the drive to a different port along
with changing the cable, I moved to the port that the other drive was on and
working fine....after doing that it appears the problem follows the
drive...I am thinking of swapping out the drive and then going from
there....