[CentOS] RAID rebuild time and disk utilization....

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 19:11:42 UTC 2010

On 9/28/2010 9:40 AM, Tom Bishop wrote:
> The samsung model is not a 4K sector drive, although I did tear it down
> and made the partition changes moving it to start at sector 64 vs 63 and
> also tried at 2048....when all was said and done, no change in
> performance.  One final step that I did make was to move the drive to a
> different port along with changing the cable, I moved to the port that
> the other drive was on and working fine....after doing that it appears
> the problem follows the drive...I am thinking of swapping out the drive
> and then going from there....

Disks are cheap enough that it's probably not worth the fight to figure
out what is wrong with this one.  I have some identical Seagate 750G
drives that I swap regularly and re-sync for offsite copies and one of
them has started to take about twice as long to complete as the others
with no indication of problems showing up int the logs.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com