[CentOS] How can a company help, officially?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Apr 11 20:00:57 UTC 2011

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, Tru Huynh wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 09:48:18PM +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
>> On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, Tru Huynh wrote:
>>
>>> 4) back to your genuine inquiry "how can I help it be ready faster?"
>>>
>>> Make your own experiment (i.e rebuild your own clone) and document/report back
>>> what you find out as the proper order of rebuild of the upstream SRPMS ?
>>>
>>> [... anything usefull for your CentOS community ...]
>>
>> Yes, let's all do the same thing, and stumble over the same problems,
>> while they may already have fixed in the closed QA builds.
>>
>> Sounds like one crazy plan !
>
> right: you are locked inside a maze, there is one exit somewhere.
> Everyone start from the same place, eveyone benefit from the
> person who find the exit. We don't have the solution at the moment,
> You get the QA builds once we find the exit. If you finish before us
> let us know how you did it.

No, you have 2500 mazes, and you have to finish each of them before you
can start the next one. In the meantime, other people (including the
CentOS people) are getting lost in that same (but copied) maze, so you
cannot help each other find the exit, until you do.

Let's waste time together fixing something that someone may already have
fixed, who wouldn't be excited about that !