[CentOS] interview request for ppl who have Shockwave/.Firefox working

Mon Apr 4 16:33:58 UTC 2011
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

> Robert Heller wrote:

> >> <snip>

> >> Unfortunately, you *do* need nVidia's proprietary driver if you've got
> >> dual monitors, like a lot of places I've worked in the last few years.
> >>

> > I have just the one 17" VGA monitor.  Don't have room for either a
> > larger monitor or a second one.  And I am not sure what I would do with
> > a second monitor if I had one.
> >
> Wow - you haven't lived
> All my work-stations have dual monitors. If you regularly use a browser
> and a word processor or spreadsheet you will benefit.

I don't use word processors or spreadsheets.  No loss there.  I do use a
keyboard-based text editor in an xterm window.

> If you are trying to set up servers and compare between them, it is very
> useful too.

I have no trouble with multiple xterm windows (to different machines). I
never maximize the xterm windows, so there is room for several on the
screen. And I do have multiple 'virtual' screens (a feature of FVWM).