[CentOS] CentOSPlus kernel (Was: Centos 6 Update?)

Thu Apr 7 17:18:16 UTC 2011
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 9:39 AM, Steve Clark <sclark at netwolves.com> wrote:
> On 04/07/2011 12:19 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>
> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=4586
>
> Point 2 (note 12051) is the one that is relevant. I welcome any
> feedback / suggestions for the proposed method I outlined there.
> While you are there, look also at the issues described for Point 3
> (note 12052). Anyone can help in there as well. :)

> Hi Akemi,
>
> Two questions:
> 1) Is there a step by step documentation on rebuilding the centosplus
> kernels that includes what the environment should be.

I built all the binaries on RHEL6beta2refresh. Other than that, I hope
that the info on how to build cplus 6 kernel is in that bug tracker
entry.

> 2) Is it possible to get upstream patches from newer kernels included or
> must on do it themselves.
>
> I am specifically interested in the following 2 patches that let linux
> behave according to
> Basic Requirements for IPv6 Customer Edge Routers
>                   draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-cpe-router-09
>
> The current kernel-2.6.32-71.18.2.el6 does not have these patches - which
> prevents using it as
> a customer edge router for ipv6.

I had a quick look at the patches. The first one seems to be
applicable without any modifications. The second one will need an
adjustment.

Could you file a request at bugs.centos.org ? I can try and build a
test cplus kernel with those patches applied. Are you then able to
test it to see if the patched version works as expected?

Akemi