[CentOS] How can a company help, officially?

Mon Apr 11 21:16:17 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 4/11/2011 3:54 PM, Tru Huynh wrote:

>> I might throw some time and equipment at it if I knew I wasn't
>> re-inventing square wheels (or even round ones for that matter).  And I
>> suspect that others smarter than I am would do the same and maybe even
>> improve the approach by coming up with ways to predict the build
>> environment needed to reproduce a given binary to reduce the
>> trial-and-error time.
> Same answer for you than I made for Dag, volonteer to coordinate, build,
> write scripts, publish *your* work and you will be helping your fellows.

I don't have any illusions about being able to do it better than the
existing group.  How would a bunch of beginners publishing how to do
things badly help anyone?  Besides, if I were doing it myself I'd have
very little interest in the time-consuming details that make it easy to
convert to a supported upstream instance.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com