[CentOS] How can a company help, officially?

Mon Apr 11 22:00:35 UTC 2011
Radu Gheorghiu <radu at pengooin.net>

On 04/11/2011 11:54 PM, Tru Huynh wrote:
>>> who is everyone?
>> I might throw some time and equipment at it if I knew I wasn't
>> re-inventing square wheels (or even round ones for that matter).  And I
>> suspect that others smarter than I am would do the same and maybe even
>> improve the approach by coming up with ways to predict the build
>> environment needed to reproduce a given binary to reduce the
>> trial-and-error time.
> Same answer for you than I made for Dag, volonteer to coordinate, build,
> write scripts, publish *your* work and you will be helping your fellows.
Oh really? If each tech would do his own rebuild and then publish it we
would end up with a few thousand more distributions. I doubt we all can
then follow all that work.
I think we are having this discussion since we want to improve CentOS,
not have our own distro. I think if somebody wants his own, he already
has it or he is working on it behind closed doors (ahem...).