[CentOS] 40TB File System Recommendations

Tue Apr 12 07:36:49 UTC 2011
Bent Terp <bent at terp.se>

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Matthew Feinberg <matthew at choopa.com> wrote:
> Hello All
>
> I have a brand spanking new 40TB Hardware Raid6 array to play around
> with. I am looking for recommendations for which filesystem to use. I am
> trying not to break this up into multiple file systems as we are going
> to use it for backups. Other factors is performance and reliability.

We've been very happy with XFS, as it allows us to add diskspace
through LVM and grow the filesystem online - we've had to reboot the
server when we add new diskenclosures, but that's not XFS's fault...

BR Bent