[CentOS] glibc-2.5-58.el5_6.2.i686 broken?

Sun Apr 17 17:08:08 UTC 2011
Rainer Traut <tr.ml at gmx.de>

Am 17.04.2011 16:52, schrieb Leonard den Ottolander:
> Hi Akemi,
>
> On Sat, 2011-04-16 at 18:18 -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>> See also:
>>
>> http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=30939&forum=37
>
> Please don't take this the wrong way, but not everybody reads the
> forums. Perhaps it is possible to give a heads up about such breakage

Please don't take it wrong but Akemi gave you the link because not
everyone reads the forums and the issue was discussed there.

> I would like to advice everyone to avoid this update by adding
> exclude=glibc*2.5-58.el5_6.2 nscd*2.5-58.el5_6.2
> to their updates channel config - added it to base just to be sure -
> until upstream releases a fix.

I would like to advice everyone to install the glibc package. The
security impact of not doing so is too high. Only one who is affected by
Evolution breakage should not do so.

Again please don't take it wrong but I think the tone of this thread is
wrong, the security fix is just too important.

Rainer