[CentOS] Centos 6 Update?

Thu Apr 21 12:27:23 UTC 2011
Ian Murray <murrayie at yahoo.co.uk>

> It sounds to me like  "your big beef" is that you can't run the CentOS
> distribution the way *you*  want it run. Whether you agree or not,
> doesn't change the fact that CentOS  *is* enterprise ready.-- and many
> enterprises use it. The only time there are  significant delays in

No, I would just like the name and website to match the facts. I would suggest
that anybody that calls centOS "enterprise-ready" might have a different concept
to what an enterprise is to me. Enterprise to me is at least a 1000 users and
dozens of live servers. If CentOS is only suitable for test environment then I
don't really class that as enterprise-ready, either.

> As for rebuilding, why would you want to rebuild  CentOS? Why not do
> what CentOS does and get the sources directly from Red Hat  and rebuild
> that? Obviously you must think there is still some value in the  CentOS
> name.

I was just trying to illustrate a point, rather than actually wanting to do it.