[CentOS] User accounts management for small office

Thu Apr 21 19:09:52 UTC 2011
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 02:51:35PM -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Jeff Boyce wrote:
> > Greetings -
> >

> > installed, is that currently if a user wants to change the password on
> > their Windows workstation, I have to manually update that new password
> on the
> > Linux user account, and also manually change the Samba user account.
> > Manually updating the password in three different locations is a minor
> > headache that I would like to correct.  I have been researching and
> <snip>

> You *could* do it with openldap, with the WinDoze boxen authenticating
> through that. Now, I'll warn you that though it may have improved, a few
> years ago, openldap was a nightmare to configure, the documentation
> dreadull where it wasn't almost useless, and googling involved a *lot* of
> searching.

I have a page on openldap--though I don't cover it with samba--that is a
cut above most of the documentation, in my not at all humble opinion--I
fully agree with Mark that the vast majority of ldap documentation is
horrendous.  Some folks have found my page useful, so I'll offer it for
consideration.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/ldap.html

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Cordelia: I do what I want to do. And I wear what I want to wear.
And you know what, I'll date whoever the hell I want to date...
no matter how lame he is.