[CentOS] I have RHel6. How does that turn into Centos 6?

Fri Apr 29 19:34:11 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 4/29/2011 2:16 PM, Brunner, Brian T. wrote:

> 3: Being so careful with the fine details that businesses world-wide
> trust your statement "It's Done".

Part of the "must-be-perfect" requirement for release seems to be
imposed by the package name/version compatibility with upstream.
There's no way to fix a build mistake and make yum update it.  I wonder
if this could have been relaxed with a tweak to yum so it could
recognize repository and 'rebuild' tags such that (a) it wouldn't
replace a package with one from a different repo without a config or
command line override and (b) within a repo it would understand
increasing rebuild numbers as newer updates.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com