[CentOS] ZFS @ centOS

Sat Apr 2 21:13:01 UTC 2011
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 04/02/11 1:54 PM, Dawid Horacio Golebiewski wrote:
> I have trouble finding definitive information about this. I am considering
> the use of SME 7.5.1 (centOS based) for my server needs, but I do want to
> use ZFS and I thus far I have only found information about the ZFS-Fuse
> implementation and unclear hints that there is another way. Phoronix
> reported that http://kqinfotech.com/ would release some form of ZFS for the
> kernel but I have found nothing.
>
> Can so. tell me if fuse-ZFS is more trouble than it's worth?

ZFS isn't GPL, therefore can't be integrated into the kernel where a
file system belongs, therefore is pretty much relegated to user space
(fuse), and its just not very well supported on Linux.

If you really want to use ZFS, I'd suggest using Solaris or one of its
derivatives (OpenIndiana, etc) where its native.