[CentOS] about:plugins <-Re: interview request for ppl who have Shockwave/.Firefox working

Mon Apr 4 12:01:43 UTC 2011
ken <gebser at mousecar.com>

On 04/04/2011 02:46 AM Sorin Srbu wrote:
> [...]

In Firefox click Tools/Addons/Plugins.  What do you see listed there?

Alternatively, perhaps better, you can type "about:plugins" (without
quotes) in the Firefox address bar.

Under "Tools..." I have "Adobe Reader 9.3", "Adobe Reader 9.4"
(temporarily disabled due to testing), "Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2
Plug-in Compatible", "NPAPI Plugins Wrapper 1.3.0", and "Shockwave Flash
10 0 r153", that's all.

Now looking at about:plugins under "Shockwave Flash" it says:

    File: nswrapper_32_32.libflashplayer.so
    Version:
    Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153

So to your question, the evidence seems to be saying that, yes,
Shockwave is the same as Flash, at least on Linux.  Or do you see
something different?

> AFAIK, Shockwave isn't available for anything but Windows and possibly Mac,
> while a working Flash is available for most platforms.
>
> Just to mention it, I've installed the 64b Adobe Flash preview release on CentOS
> 5.5 x64 and can now luxuriate in viewing Youtube from Linux. 8-]

I've been able to play some Youtube stuff... sometimes it doesn't play--
for what reason, I haven't been able to see.  (?)