[CentOS] Centos 6 Update?

Thu Apr 7 07:42:56 UTC 2011
David Sommerseth <dazo at users.sourceforge.net>

On 05/04/11 00:51, Jimmy Bradley wrote:
>       I've seen the posts over and over again about "when is 6 going to
> be out?" I appreciate the time the developers put in to make cent os
> available.
>       My main question about when is 6 going to be out is, does it
> really matter?  5.5 works just fine, so if it's not broke, why fix it?

Maybe because the RHEL/CentOS 5.5 kernel got several security issues already?

<http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2011-0017.html>

For some of us CentOS users, this is critical.  Especially when there has
been no security updates for CentOS 5 since early January.

It was the right decision to postpone CentOS 6 to get CentOS 5.6 out first.
 But it still have taken a lot longer than what we've been used to.

And for people going to do fresh installs of CentOS, it would be most
likely better to aim directly for CentOS 6 than CentOS 5.5/5.6.  But the
waiting without knowing what to expect when, that is a frustration
amplifier, especially for those having project deadlines.

kind regards,

David Sommerseth