[CentOS] Centos 6 Update?

Thu Apr 7 20:02:16 UTC 2011
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Thu, 7 Apr 2011, R P Herrold wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Apr 2011, Tom H wrote:
>
>> This is the kind of answer that CentOS as a project
>> shouldn't allow (KB's recent use-something-else email is
>> another example) because it makes the developers look like
>> rank amateurs.
>
> It is _so_ easy to tell others what they should or should not
> do.  Easier still for a bystander to criticize to jeer and
> mock from the sidelines

When people state the project can do better, who did translate "the
project" to "Johnny" or "Karanbir" ? Nobody did, except Johnny and
Karanbir.

Nobody is asking Johnny or Karanbir to work harder, that's the fallacy.

But only Johnny and Karanbir can change how this project is organized at
the moment and the project is currently organized in such a way that if we
want more timely releases and updates, or we want better communication, or
we want more transparancy, Johnny and Karanbir will have to work harder.

It doesn't have to be like this, but it feels like certain forces want to
keep things framed like this in discussions.