[CentOS] CentOSPlus kernel (Was: Centos 6 Update?)

Fri Apr 8 14:16:39 UTC 2011
Steve Clark <sclark at netwolves.com>

On 04/07/2011 05:14 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 10:40 AM, Steve Clark<sclark at netwolves.com>  wrote:
>> On 04/07/2011 01:18 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>> I had a quick look at the patches. The first one seems to be
>> applicable without any modifications. The second one will need an
>> adjustment.
>> Akemi
>>
>> I just finished building a kernel based on
>> kernel-2.6.32-71.18.2.el6.src.rpm. I hand applied the patches. Like you said
>> one applied clean the other applied with a fuzz offset of -36 (IIRC). I am
>> installing now to test.
>>
>> My rebuild was simply cp the /boot/config-2.6.32-71.18.2.el6.i686 to
>> .config;make oldconfig;make rpm
>>
>> That is why I was asking about the proper way.
>>
>> I have just installed the kernel and will now start testing.
> Great. Please keep us posted. If the patches work as expected, they
> will be a worthy addition to the cplus kernel.

I got a kernel built with the patches using the wiki and your notes in 0004586 (thanks). I am pleased  to report
that they appear to work as advertised. With:
net.ipv6.conf.default.forwarding = 2
net.ipv6.conf.all.accept_ra = 2

Router solicitations were issued and router advertisements were accepted and I could still forward packets.

I didn't make new patches, I simply did
%define with_fuzzy_patches 1

Also what should the normal rpmbuild line be?
I ended up doing
rpmbuild -bb --target=`uname -m` kernel.spec --with firmware --without debug --without debuginfo

The first time I didn't have --with firmware and the kernel wouldn't install.

Regards,

--
Stephen Clark
*NetWolves*