[CentOS] Merging Install DVDs on a PXE server

Sun Apr 10 23:01:57 UTC 2011
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

> Hi all,
>
>   Probably a simple question, but, I'd like to merge both install DVDs
> into one directory on my PXE server. Obviously I will need to copy all
> of the files, but do I need to cast a magical incantation to recreate
> .discinfo, .treeinfo, etc?

If all you want to do is create a PXE server that can be used to install
using NFS, you just need the DVD (or CD) .iso files in some NFS exported
(read-only!) directory.  Loopback mount the first DVD/CD and copy the
image froms from images/pxeboot to /tftpboot and put entries in
/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default, and the right 'magic' in /etc/dhcpd.conf
and you are good to go.

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 / heller at deepsoft.com