[CentOS] Merging Install DVDs on a PXE server

Sun Apr 10 23:10:11 UTC 2011
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 04/10/11 4:01 PM, Robert Heller wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>>    Probably a simple question, but, I'd like to merge both install DVDs
>> into one directory on my PXE server. Obviously I will need to copy all
>> of the files, but do I need to cast a magical incantation to recreate
>> .discinfo, .treeinfo, etc?
> If all you want to do is create a PXE server that can be used to install
> using NFS, you just need the DVD (or CD) .iso files in some NFS exported
> (read-only!) directory.  Loopback mount the first DVD/CD and copy the
> image froms from images/pxeboot to /tftpboot and put entries in
> /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default, and the right 'magic' in /etc/dhcpd.conf
> and you are good to go.

the .iso files on the nfs ?  I thought you put all the files IN the iso

personally, when I do PXE, I use a http style install off a local copy
of the repository.   Its been a little while since i set it up, but
IIRC, there's some mojo you put in the kickstart file on the tftproot to
tell it what install type you want (nfs vs http vs whatever)