[CentOS] 40TB File System Recommendations

Tue Apr 12 12:47:54 UTC 2011
Marian Marinov <mm at yuhu.biz>

On Tuesday 12 April 2011 15:34:21 Torres, Giovanni (NIH/NINDS) [C] wrote:
> On Apr 12, 2011, at 3:23 AM, Matthew Feinberg wrote:
>
> ext4 does not seem to be fully baked in 5.6 yet. parted 1.8 does not
> support creating ext4 (strange)
>
> The CentOS homepage states that ext4 is now a fully supported filesystem in

Steve,
I'm managing machines with 30TB of storage for more then two years. And with
good reporting and reaction we have never had to run fsck.

However I'm sure that if you have to run fsck on so big file systems, it will
be fater to rebuild the array from other storage then waiting for a few weeks
to finish.

On machines like that I use CentOS but I'm pratitioning them before the
install with a rescue live cd that I have created for me.

Marian