[CentOS] SNMP monitoring options

Wed Apr 13 20:06:52 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 4/13/2011 12:52 PM, aurfalien at gmail.com wrote:

>>> Well, Nagios is more for outage/alerts were I was looking more for
>>> trending.
>>>
>>> Thats why I was originally using Cacti w/Nagios plugin.
>>
>> If you find anything that is really good at this, please post the
>> info.
>
> Will do, sounds like I'm doing a bake off of SNMP trending tools :)

The thing I'm particularly interested in is a way to aggregate values
across fairly dynamic groups: total interface traffic across a set of
routers or switch ports, tcp connection counts across a set of host
interfaces, etc.  And I want to track the history of the aggregate trend
for the groups even when the members come and go and the numbers in the
group vary.  Most of the things I've seen so far only deal with
individual entities and if they understand groups at all, they don't
maintain the history of the aggregated values when the members change.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com