[CentOS] unrar rpm package

Mon Apr 18 15:20:02 UTC 2011
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 02:41:10PM +0200, Sven Aluoor wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 11:58 PM, Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> > As was mentioned, rpmforge has it.  For what it's worth, p7zip does the
> > same thing and somewhat more quickly at least in my very rough
> > benchmarks, e.g. time rar e something.rar vs 7z e something rar.
>
> Did I understand right? "7z x" can unrar multipart *.rar archives
> faster than unrar nonfree? How is the CLI syntax?

I have a page where I cover this a bit.
http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/dvds.html  (there's a
section on rar)

At any rate, on my VERY informal benchmarks, just using the time
command, it was faster.
The syntax for that is identical to rar/unrar

7z e <first file in the rar series>, so for example

7z e 01.rar

Will unrar a section of rar files.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: Yep, vampires are real. A lot of 'em live in Sunnydale.
Willow'll fill you in.
Willow: I know it's hard to accept at first.
Oz: Actually, it explains a lot.