[CentOS] Multiple IP Addresses for a bridge

Fri Apr 29 11:21:01 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

Lucian wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Emmanuel Noobadmin
> <centos.admin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 4/29/11, Lucian <lucian at lastdot.org> wrote:
>>> Something seems out of order with the above; may I ask what exactly
>>> you are trying to achieve?
>>> Unless I read it all wrong you want (i.e.) x.x.x.2 on br0 and also on
>>> eth0? This cannot work.
>> Well, I have a physical connected to the ISP modem/router which
>> assigned the connection a block of 8 IPs
>>
>> So I already have eth0 bridged to br0 using the IP x.x.x.2
>>
>> Now I'm trying to figure out why a virtual guest with an eth0 device
>> assigned wth IP x.x.x.3 can't connect anywhere.
>
> So .2 works as main IP and .3 does not?
> Is your ISP doing any MAC address filtering? You may need to use a
> routed bridge then..

Correct way of doing bridging is to create a bridge br0 and add *all*
IP's  on the bridge itself (br:0, br:1, ....).

I am not sure, but it *might* allow you to add IP's on the *first*
bonded device, but I am not sure about all of the later bonded devices.

Test somewhere first, and make sure you do "service network restart"
each time.

Ljubomir