[CentOS] Web Site centos.org is down

Jake Shipton crazylinuxnerd at gmx.com
Wed Aug 17 19:21:11 UTC 2011

On 08/17/2011 07:20 PM, Always Learning wrote:

> Oh well must move to Plus Net for off-site use (they give extra IPs and
> are owned by BT). Tried unsuccessfully via Claranet and Talk Talk
> Business (formerly Nildram, Pipex, Tiscali, Opal)

Never tried Plus Net to be honest, so I don't know what they are like.
However I'm only with BT because I don't have much of a choice out here
in Lincolnshire.

I Had Tiscali, I was glad to get off of them. Though I was sad to leave
"Be*" ISP when I moved from Essex to Lincs. Going from a Steady
1.6/1.5MB/s (Not a typo, Megabytes not Megabits) to a Steady 1.0 to
3.0Mb/s was a harsh drop! (ADSL2+ to ADSL)

Feels like I went back to dial up.. but it works.. :-).

--
Jake