[CentOS] Multipath w/ iscsi

Sun Aug 21 19:49:40 UTC 2011
Joseph L. Casale <jcasale at activenetwerx.com>

I have several CentOS 6 boxes that mount iscsi based luns and use mpath.
They all had problems shutting down as a result of unused maps not getting
flushed as the system halted.

After examining the init scripts, netfs, iscsi and multipathd all had the correct
order but mpath failed to flush these maps and the system waited indefinitely.

In the meantime I hacked this by adding a `/sbin/multipath -F` at the end of the
stop clause in the init script.

I seriously doubt this problems exists w/o being the result of my error in configuration.
Anyone know what the required mpath config might be in this scenario where
the block devices all disappear once netfs unmounts and iscsi stops?

Thanks!
jlc