[CentOS] help with gpg

Sun Aug 21 21:57:13 UTC 2011
Mike <mike at microdel.org>

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011, Jerry Geis wrote:

>>> / From the man page:
>> /
>> "...Note that this passphrase is only used if the option --batch has also been given."
> Mike,
>
> Thanks - that does work. I was thinking "too hard" and thought it was
> something
> with the gpg-agent.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jerry

I'm certainly no gpg expert but I had a similar issue that was *finally*
solved by using --batch.

I also meant to mention from what I can tell in CentOS6 gpg is really
gpg2.  Notice that "/usr/bin/gpg" is really "/usr/bin/gpg -> gpg2".  I
mention this because in various places as I searched I noticed phrases
like "This is different from gpg".  What?  Now I understand, I'm now using
gpg2 and never knew it...