[CentOS] CentOS 6 driver support

Mon Aug 1 05:23:32 UTC 2011
Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk>

On 01/08/11 03:05, Nguyen Vu Hung (VNC) wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> This is the laptop I own:
> HP Pavilion dv6t Quad Edition
> Spec: Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.0GHz, 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD, VGA ATI Radeon HD
> 6490M
>
> You can also check the spec here:
> http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-dv6t-dv6tqe-Laptop/dp/B00506B7DS/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1312164145&sr=1-3
>

> I am going to install CentOS 6 to it but I want to make sure that which
> drivers will CentOS 6 support:
> Ethernet, Wifi, sound and especially VGA ATI Radeon HD 6490M.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Nguyen Vu Hung

elrepo.org has updated drivers for most things packaged for el5 /el6 if
they are not supported by the distro, so it should be easy enough to get
things working even if they are not directly supported out of the box:

http://elrepo.org

The latest ATI proprietary drivers (v11.7) are available, as are the
latest ALSA sound drivers (although sound support in 6.1 should be
pretty good) and updated Ethernet/WiFi drivers for many devices.

Hope that helps.